Blog Assignment: Use the Graphic Organizer to reflect on Literacy and develop a plan for instruction. Describe the key elements of your approach with specific goals and environmental conditions to support literacy learning. Use your research (this week and previous weeks), prior knowledge, and instructional resources to guide your thinking. If you are a specialist you may join a teacher team (teacher and para-educator) or think about how to incorporate literacy into your work with children and families. All participants will produce an initial blog (may be done in partners but make note of it in your blog) and respond to 2 other blog entries. Responses may include: Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Resources, Agreement, Wonderings...).
Questions that may help your thinking:
1. What is the intended student learning? What are the concepts and habits/skills being developed?
2. To what standard(s) are the lesson concepts, skills and habits linked?
3. What difficulties, misunderstandings, or misconceptions might students have about these concepts and skills?
4. What theories of teaching and learning support this design?
5. How will we model/explain clear expectations for the students’ learning?
6. How will each activity promote rigorous thinking?
7. How will each activity apprentice students in using the intended concepts, skills, and habits?
8. How will students be grouped for learning?
9. How will differentiated assistance be provided to individual students? (Challenge and Struggling Learners)
10. How will student learning be assessed by the teacher and by the students themselves?
11. Why are these concepts, skills, and habits appropriate to the students’ learning needs at this time?
12. Why are these instructional strategies/learning activities appropriate to the lesson goals for these students?